Pages

February 26, 2012

Before & After

Pinterest is the new rage and I am always looking for new DIY ideas.  One of my pet peeve's has been with our decorative pillows in the bedroom.  Every night I have to throw them on the floor and I wanted a seat bench for the end of the bed to place them on, but I didn't want to spend alot of money.  So I thought I'd check Pinterest.  Low & behold I found an idea of taking an old coffee table and turning into a seat bench.  Thank you to the hubby for helping me with the project, love when we do projects together!

Here's the breakdown of the cost and what I did:
Table - $10 second hand store (thanks Claudette for finding & picking it up for me)
Foam - $12
Upholstery Pins - $1.99
Fabric - $7 (on clearance; originally $29.99/yd. Love these kind of finds)
Paint - $4
Total Cost to make: appx $35.00

How we did it:
1. Painted the legs with a can of glossy brown spray paint
2. Glued the foam to the top of the table
3. Measured fabric and stapled to bottom of table
4. Attached the fabric pins

LOVE IT!



BEFORE


AFTER

Pin It

No comments: