Pages

January 3, 2014

New Year's Resolution


Here we are again, another year and another resolution.  If many of you are like me you commit to a new resolution and are energized by making it happen and then by mid-year if not sooner, we lose focus.  Well, that is my new year’s resolution for 2014: Staying Focused!

I found that 2013 seemed to be the year that I never felt I had enough time in the day to complete all the things I wanted to do.  When I look back on the year the one thing that I noticed over and over again is that I try to do too much.  How many of you are like that?  Let me tell you how out of sync I have become.  First, let’s start with my priorities; God and family always come first for me.  My passion is photography and leadership.  I also have a full-time career.

So here is what 2013 looked like for me:

·       God

·       Family

·       Career

·       Photography business

·       Became a Certified John C. Maxwell Coach, Speaker and Trainer

·       Thirty-One Consultant (selling of purses, totes, etc)

·       Premier Designs Consultant (selling of jewelry)

·       Local Chapter President of National Association of Professional Women (NAPW)

·       Member of Women4Women networking group

·       Moved into a new home

·       Various health issues between me and husband

·       Oh and by the way do I need to mention I spent countless hours on FB and Pinterest?


I ended the year feeling exhausted with not much being accomplished.  That is why I have decided on staying focused as my goal for 2014.  I am starting to remove the facets of my life that I don’t enjoy, have passion for and just fill up needless hours of my day.  This hasn’t been an easy decision for me because I feel like I’ll be letting some people down, but I know in my heart it is something I need to do.

So my new year will look like this:

·       God

·       Family

·       Career

·       Photography business

·       Leadership training & speaking

·       Member of Women4Women networking group

·       Limit my hours on FB and Pinterest

 What is your new year’s resolution for 2014?

 


 

Pin It

No comments: